Bike Rentals & Demos
We’re proud to be the best Yosemite Valley bike rental and demo bike bike shop!
The Best Yosemite Valley Bike Rentals and Demo Bikes
We offer three types of bike rentals depending on where you want to ride.
1) Regular bikes are ideal for riding in Yosemite National Park’s Valley Loop Trail or on dirt roads.
2) Full-suspension mountain bikes: Our Niner carbon frame bikes and our Ibis Ripmos are perfect for riding on dirt roads or any of the local single-track trails.
3) Ebikes: Our ebikes are excellent for riding in Yosemite Valley or on dirt roads.
If you’re not sure what the best bike is for you, send us an email at email@example.com or call 559-676-8842.
Reserve your rental or demo bikes below:
How much does it cost to rent bikes?
$65 per day for KHS “hardtail” mountain bikes suitable for paved and dirt roads. $95 per day for Niner carbon-framed full-suspension mountain bikes ideal for dirt roads and single-track trails.
Do I need to bring a helmet?
We provide you with a helmet at no charge for each bike rented. However, if you have a helmet, we suggest you bring one.
Do I need to bring a lock for the bike?
Yes, you should bring a high-quality lock to secure the bike since you are responsible financially for the bike. We do sell locks, and we do carry a small inventory of locks that you can rent. Lock rentals are based on availability.
Do you offer guided rides and mountain biking lessons?
Yes! We offer guided rides from the serene to the extreme. From peaceful family friendly rides to exhillerating double black diamond single track trails, we will taylor a ride based on your skill level. Pedal Forward operates under a US Forest Service special use permit.
What trails are available to ride in the area?
Yes. We have large maps on our wall illustrating the local trails, and we love making recommendations for where to ride based on your riding ability. We also sell an excellent map with all of the local riding trails.
Do you have gloves and other gear to rent?
We currently do not rent gear. However, we sell about anything you need when riding in the area.
Do you have mountain bikes suitable for riding challenging single-track trails?
Yes, we have carbon-framed Niner, full-suspension mountain bikes. Our inventory includes cross-country bikes, all-mountain bikes, and enduro bikes. Note that we have a limited quantity of these bikes, so be sure to reserve the bikes well in advance of your trip.
When are you open, and when can I pick up and drop off my rental bike?
What is the cancellation policy for bike rentals?
All cancellations must be received via email or phone and confirmed by PEDAL FORWARD via email.
If you must cancel your reservation 72 hours before your scheduled rental pickup time: No problem! Your reservation can be rescheduled, subject to availability, or we can refund you. Reservations made within 72 hours of a scheduled event are final and cannot be changed, and the following cancellation is charged.
- Cancellation between 72 and 48 hours before your scheduled rental pickup time: The cancellation fee is 30% of the total rental reservation value, excluding tax. e.g., (Rental Bike Rate X # of bike X # of days) X 30% = Cancellation fee.
- Cancellation less than 48 hours before your scheduled rental pickup time: The cancellation fee is 50% of the total rental reservation value, excluding tax. e.g., (Rental Bike Rate X # of bike X # of days) X 50% = Cancellation fee.
- No-shows and non-canceled rentals: The cancellation fee is 100% of the rental reservation value, excluding tax. e.g., (Rental Bike Rate X # of bike X # of days) X 100% = Cancellation fee.
Why did I not receive a confirmation email?
Please check your spam folder if you did not receive a confirmation email.